Thesis Project Consultation
- 1st year
- 2nd semester
- Pre-requisite: Participants should have basic knowledge of economics or agrieconomics. Furthermore they should know how to work with MS Word and MS Power Point, or any other computer programmes providing these features.
Objective of the Module
Working on particular research questions. The students learn how to research and investigate unknown topics. They collect first experiences in organising and working in groups as well as writing and presenting research results.
Content of the Module
- Suggested topics
- Theoretical background regarding the topic (for example Quality management) − Position of and requirements on agricultural production − Quality safety, Quality Management, Traceability − European legislation and regulations − Quality management systems, e.g. HACCP; EUREP GAP, ISO 9000, IFS (Definitions, structure)
- Theoretical background regarding scientific methods − Literature research − Project report (outline, method, results, discussion) and oral presentation
- Active participation of students, allocation of Students to topics
- Independent teamwork
- Oral presentations
Examination method and requirements
Working in teams, students have to analyse a specific topic or rather problem descriptively. The results of each case study should be worked out in a written project report and defended in an oral presentation by each group.
- Stevens, K. and Asmar, C., 1999. ‘Doing postgraduate research in Australia’. Melbourne University Press, Melbourne ISBN 0 522 84880 X
- Interni materijali za studente MBA studija
- Phillips, E.M. and Pugh, D.S., 1994. ‘How to get a PhD : a handbook for students and their supervisors’. Open University Press, Buckingham, England
- Tufte, E.R., 1983. ‘The visual display of quantitative information’. Graphics Press, Cheshire, Conn.