- 1st study year
- 1st semester
- Students’ engagement: Review and analysis of case studies (1-4)
Objective of the Module
Objective of the module is to make students capable to understand the basic principles of marketing from practical point of view.
Content of the Module
- hour: Basics of marketing
- hour: Specificities of marketing in agri-food sector
- hour: Marketing strategy
- hour: Marketing environment
- hour: Consumer behavior
- hour: Case study 1
- hour: Business markets
- hour: Segmentation and positioning
- hour: Product policy
- hour: Price policy
- hour: Case study 2
- hour: Channel policy
- hour: Direct sale of farm products
- hour: Wholesaling and Retailing
- hour: Case study 3/a
- hour: Case study 3/b
- hour: Communication strategy 1.
- hour: Communication strategy 2.
- hour: Case study 4/a
- hour: Case study 4/b
Examination method and requirements
Writen: Team evaluation of Case studies given.
Description of the individual assignment
Case study will be based on real cases prepared by teachers.
- Kotler, P., Armstrong, G., 2005. Principles of Marketing. 11th Ed. Pearson Books, UK
- Chaston, I., 2004. Knowledge based Marketing. SAGE Publications, London, UK
- Mariotti, J., 2000. SMART Marketing. Capstone Publishing Ltd. Oxford, UK